Pending labor shortage and knowledge shortfall
- 2010 will mark the beginning of a massive brain drain of workers.
- Oldest of the baby boomers may exercise their retirement options
- Take with them their vast storehouse of accumulated wisdom and expertise.
Many organizations are already feeling the pinch and have started to hire back some of their retirees to coach and mentor the upcoming generations.
- Diversity in the workforce will be driven not only by gender, race, and ethnicity factors
- Generations will play a larger role
- Greater variety of work styles and values
- New managers will need a host of new and flexible skills
- Smart Companies – Use Mentoring programs to create a pipeline of knowledge transfer before it reaches a crisis.